The PTFA (or Parent, Teachers and Friends Association) are a friendly group of volunteers who raise money and put on events for the school. We organise everything from treat Friday to Easter egg hunts and discos (and the bar at evening events!). We meet every 6 or so weeks in term time and are always looking for people to join our committee or volunteer to help out at events.
If you’d like to be kept up to date with what we’re doing then drop us a line and we’ll add you to our mailing list – firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to hear from you, the more help and hands we have the better the events we can put on for the children’s enjoyment. We also now have a parents Facebook page! This group will be used to share news, talk about events, ask for feedback, share important events and family learning opportunities. We hope that this facility will make communication with the school and each other easier for parents and carers. Please click on the Facebook icon on the right of every page to join up!
Over the past year, we are very proud to have raised good money to put back into the school and the Children, funding a brand new library of books, gardening equipment, new curtains for the drama department to mention just a few. The Children also very much enjoyed a visit from these reindeer this Christmas! We are ever grateful to those who support the events and may it long continue.
PTFA Nailsworth Primary School
Meet this year’s committee
|Chair – Jo Jarman
(Maddy Yr6, Harry Yr2)
|Secretary – Helen Pickford
(Ben Yr2, James in Reception)
|Photo coming!||Treasurer – Irina Iordan-Stanescu
(Luca YR4, Rarish YR1)
Vince Southcott – Headteacher
Officer – Natalie Wooldridge (Holly Yr4, Lauren Yr2)
Other committee members:
Maggie Dutton (Ted Yr4)
Laura Jones (Milo YR2, Theo Yr 5)
Lisa Knowles (Jacob Yr1)
Suzy Temblett (Toby Yr6)
What does the PTFA do?
The Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA) organises events and raises funds for the benefit of children at Nailsworth Primary School. We are a registered charity with our own constitution and run entirely by unpaid volunteers. We are an elected committee and every parent or carer of a child at the school is automatically a member. We are not part of the school, but work closely with the teachers and governors to support the school’s objectives and to provide an enhanced environment and inclusive experiences for the children.
We have an Annual General Meeting (AGM) each year when we decide what the funding priorities are for the coming year. We invite parents, carers and the teaching staff to put forward suggestions and then the Committee decides which ones we are going to support. We can also consider other smaller requests throughout the year if funds are available.
We also run a mixed programme of events each year. Many of these are tried-and-tested favourites with parents and children, but we also like to try new ideas. This year we are aiming to run more fund-raising events within the wider community and are very grateful for the continued support from families and businesses in and around Nailsworth towards our fund-raising.
PTFA Events Programme
Our main events programme for this year is:
- Treat Friday: every Friday after school. We sell cookies and hot chocolate in the winter months and ice-creams in the summer months.
- Special Treat Fridays to celebrate Christmas, Easter or other events, with extra ‘de luxe’ goodies, games, cakes, stalls etc.
- Second-hand school uniform – usually one Friday a month
- Refreshments at drama productions, nativity play, Sports and Arts Awards evening and sports day (dates to be confirmed by the school)
- Valentine’s Day disco and karaoke – Friday 10th February 2017 6:30pm
- Fun Easter activity
- Tombola stall at the Nailsworth Festival – 21 May
- Summer Fete – Saturday 8th July 2017
- Fireworks display – November 2017
We have regular Committee meetings which are advertised in the school newsletter. These are usually on a weekday evening and last for about an hour and a half. Any parent, carer, teacher or friend of the school can come to the meetings – you don’t have to be a committee member and we’d love your input.
How to get involved
We need help from as many parents, carers, teachers and friends as possible to run successful events and meet our fund-raising goals. It’s also brilliant to have new people joining in to bring new ideas and it’s a really good way to get to know other parents if you’re new to the school. We know people lead busy lives, so don’t worry if you can’t make a regular time commitment or can’t make committee meetings. There are plenty of other ways you can help out, big or small.
- If you are interested in joining the committee please speak to one of the existing members – see below – who will be able to tell you what’s involved
- If you’d like to be on our volunteer list and receive email updates about upcoming events, please send your details to Helen email@example.com
- You can also sign up to easyfundraising which is a scheme where well-known businesses (eg Amazon, John Lewis and many more) make a small donation to the PTFA every time you shop with them.
Here are some other examples of how you can help:
- Selling refreshments at events
- Helping out on Treat Fridays or second hand uniform after school
- Running a stall at one of our events: games, crafts, nails, face-painting, tombola, plants, bouncy castle, you name it!
- Organising raffle prizes and selling tickets
- Running a one-off stall eg plant sale, crafts, books after school – ideas always welcome
- Helping us setting up or clearing up after events
- Asking local businesses or your own place of work for raffle prizes or other donations
- Setting up posters, banners and other advertising for events
- Donating cakes, prizes, plants, books etc for the summer fair
PTFA Nailsworth Primary School is a Registered Charity No: 1092986