We believe that listening to the viewpoints of our children at Nailsworth C of E Primary School is vital to maintaining a happy, purposeful and inspiring environment. An important way that children can have their voice heard and can participate actively in the school, local and wider community, is through the school council.
Yilmaz, the Secretary of the School Council explains more:
What is the School Council?
The School Council are democratically elected pupil representatives from the classes of Nailsworth C of E Primary School. Each class has voted for their two representatives.
We have a chair person, a co-chair person and a secretary, with two representatives from each class, from years 1 to 6.
It is the School Council’s job to:
- plan and organise events;
- do fundraising, for example, we have an upcoming event: a hike up Crug Hywell (Table Mountain) in Wales to raise funds (donated by friends and family) to donate to CLIC Sargent;
- help to run the Scholastic Book Fair which helps us raise money to buy more books for the school. In 2018, we raised £551.62 in free books for the school!
- have meetings a couple of times a month which we take very seriously, as it will always be an important topic;
- take responsibility for interviewing new staff members, writing down the key details about them and giving our opinion on who would be best for the job.