A Family Link Worker’s role is to offer friendly, non-judgmental support.
Meet Fi Cooper, supporting our children and families:
“My aim is to work with you to chat over issues if you have any concerns regarding your child’s learning and access to education. This could include behaviour at home or at school, routines or social skills.
My role is to support you so that you can help your child achieve their potential and enjoy school.
I work directly with families to ensure the best possible outcomes for children, by providing access to information and advice.
- be a school point of contact to discuss concerns;
- meet with parents and carers;
- give one to one support and advice;
- be someone to talk to about a matter affecting your family so I can show you where you can go to for help;
- support you where attendance or behaviour difficulties are a concern;
- be setting up and chairing Parent Forum (please get in touch if you would like to be involved.)
How can you contact me?
Currently I will be available at:
- school each Wednesday between 8:45 and 9:45am for you to drop in. If you would like to book an appointment at a different time, please contact me.
- the Arkell Centre Family Drop-In on selected Wednesdays. However, if I am not there please come to school to speak to me.
I can be contacted on email@example.com, or by calling the school office.
Families of Nailsworth Primary Facebook Group
I have set up a group for Families on Facebook. The group is used to share news, talk about events, ask for feedback, share important dates and family/adult learning opportunities. If you have any questions, general concerns or suggestions that could benefit other children and families across the school please feel free to use the page to share! We welcome feedback which can highlight issues that can make improvements to the school and its community. Using Facebook will enable the use of private message which will be picked up by me, Fi Cooper. You can join the group by clicking the Facebook icon in the right hand menu bar or by clicking here: Families of Nailsworth Primary Facebook Group
In addition, I am able to provide opportunities for adult learning at school. Please contact me to discuss available options and make suggestions for sessions that could be provided.
Partners in Early Learning course
Starting Wednesday 8th November, 1-3pm (Parents only for the first hour, then the children join in)
Run by a tutor, to learn in a friendly, informal group, how to support your child’s learning now that they are in school.
5 week course, focusing on –
· Understand how to support your child in developing reading, writing and verbal communication skills
· Tips on making learning fun!
· One-to-one time with your child – making things, playing games and having fun!
FREE crèche places for younger children.
If you are interested please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In the New Year I will be running a Cooking with Maths course for families of Year 2 and 3 children, and a Stress course for families of Y4 and 5 children. Both of these include half of the session spent with your child, having one to one time which might be tricky to find at home! Free creche places will be available.
I am in the process of setting up a Conversation Club for EAL families which will run in Nailsworth from the New Year, this will hopefully help people who are still learning English to gain in confidence, and also to make links with other local people.
I am exploring the idea of running sport related weekend sessions for families, Functional Skills (Level 1 and 2 English and Maths), Back to Netball … Ideas are always welcome, get in touch!
I look forward to meeting you and your families.”